The NY Energy Challenge is a very exciting competition where high school students get the chance to demonstrate their creativity. It’s a great way to open up your mind and think out of the box to come up with the model of a self-sufficient city. It will take place at Midwood High School auditorium on 8th October 2016.
Students will be able to:
- design a renewable energy system to generate power
- use maps, graphs, weather data, etc. to assess the energy potential of different places to find a site which has abundant of natural resources
- use renewable energy in their model of the future city
- come up with the architectural design of the new self-sufficient city using the latest software
Rules for the competition
- Participating students must be enrolled in a high school in New York
- Each team must consist of 3 to 5 members
- Fill out the registration form for the competition
- The winning team will win free tickets to a 2-day trip to Italy
- They will get selected to participate in the nation-wide competition related to renewable energy.
- Their future city model will be presented to the local research center for renewable energy.
All participating students must bring their laptops and tools. The duration of the competition is 3 hours. Call us today for more information on the competition.